Twitter Updates

Latrice and Vince, Engaged! Part I

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I met Latrice and Vince at a Starbuck's in Cherry Hill back in April to talk about their August 1, 2009 wedding. I could tell, by the questions they were asking, that photography is important to them and that they were educated on what they wanted in a wedding photographer. I'm glad they chose me!

We met at The College of New Jersey, in Ewing, NJ, for their engagement session. It was a bit different than my usual sessions, here's why: As my mom knows, I can keep anyone talking, for hours if needed, simply by asking them questions. Latrice and Vince turned the tables on me. They took the time and they asked me questions. Questions about what a typical day is like for me, what I like to do in my spare time, and so on. I have to say that I walked away from that session so glad that it was Latrice and Vince I was with, and that we had two hours to get to know each other before their wedding.

Now for the shots! I love the college, it was beautiful and stately and seemed, at least to me, to be an appropriate place for them.

Since we happened to park near a fire hydrant, I took the opportunity to photograph the ring (which, by the way, is absolutely glorious:)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Then on to shots of Vince and Latrice. There was a lot of beautiful light under the many trees that dotted the campus. How lucky to find a tree with blue paint on it that perfectly matched Latrice's dress!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Taken with the rented tilt shift....

Photobucket


Look at Latrice! I can't wait to shoot her in her wedding dress! I live to find sun flare, and here it is.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I told Latrice that this shot was difficult to pull off. The bride and groom have to be posed just right and they have to have the right expressions to make this work. Latrice said: "Let's go." And then she said something to the effect that they'd work it out. And so they did.

Photobucket


Part II, tomorrow. So check back.

1 comments:

Jody said...

Great work! I love it that she wore blue. Just pops! The location really works well too. COngrats to the happy couple and lucky You to have photographed them! =)