Twitter Updates

My Dream

Saturday, April 25, 2009

A while ago, on Facebook, I think I asked the question: "What price a dream?" I now know the answer: you can't put a price on a dream. Today I go off to my first day at my studio. Norman asked what time I had to be there and I said: "Whenever I want." And believe me, that felt great to say!
The past few weeks have been very stressful and exciting both. While I have to thank Norman for doing all the work, things really starting coming together yesterday. E and I went to the studio to wait for the sofa delivery. A huge truck pulled up, complete with one driver who said: "They didn't explain things to you, did they?" He explained that I had to remove the sofa from the end of the truck and put it into the studio myself. Oh boy. Thank God I had been out talking to the neighbors. One of the tenants, who lives in the house on the property where I rent, has a 20 year old son, who volunteered to help move the sofa with me. So, the sofa is in and Norman pulled up literally at the exact moment we positioned the sofa where we wanted it. He planted a bunch of flowers outside, the neighbors had cut the grass, and everything is looking neat and clean outside.
Inside Ethan swiffered the floors and we unpacked the rest of our stuff. So we are ready for my opening today for the Mullica Hill Street fair. I hear there are tons of people who walk around, so I'll be ready with cards to hand out. The only thing I'm missing are my canvases that I ordered for the walls. Look at me, a photography studio with no photos! For today I'm bringing over some canvas portraits that I had in the house, until my real canvas arrives on Monday in time for my first bride coming over to meet with me about her upcoming wedding.
Today I get to live out my dream and I couldn't be more excited! I'll post pictures later this week.

PS: Thanks to Mom for sending beautiful flowers to celebrate my opening!! AND Happy Birthday to my dear friend Patricia!

Finally, stop by today if you can! Address is 19 S, Main Street, Mullica Hill, NJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Denise! We are sooooo very happy for you. Amanda and I love the style of your photography. In our opinions, you are the BEST! Enjoy every moment of this special day.
Jody and Amanda

Anonymous said...

wow! I LOVE the pictures of your studio and will visit soon! Congratulations. You are awesome!!!!
Love, Melissa and John

Denise Mabilog said...

Thanks, guys, for all your support over the years!
xoxo D