Twitter Updates

Before and After

Monday, March 30, 2009

Well, some of you, who follow my blog, Facebook and/or Twitter updates, may be wondering what the heck is going on. I've been talking about a studio space for a few days now. Let me explain. I'd been meeting with all the brides/grooms/families that I meet in local venues like coffee shops. Finally, I decided it would be much more personal if I had a space, so we fixed up our living room in our home, and I've started meeting folks here. See the before and afters below. It's been good, but I don't know, it's not the atmosphere that I want. For a few years I've been casually looking at commercial space on Craigslist or loop.net. I've even gone to see a few in person, but they've either been too expensive, too big, or needed too much work.

My mom keeps telling me the right space will show up! There was a space I was curious about back in the late summer/fall, but it turns out that is was leased to Just Bead It. I went in to meet the owner and then I offered and took pictures for her. She decided to close her business this winter, and now that cute space is available and the rent seems OK to me. Also, it wouldn't need any work, really, aside from new paint and that's only because the colors in there now don't work with what I intend to put in there from a furniture perspective.

So, here are the shots from last fall at Just Bead It, so you can see what this space looks like. I'd like your comments/thoughts either here or email me directly! Thanks!

Before:

Photobucket


Photobucket


After:

Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new chairs!!
K