Twitter Updates

The Tree

Wednesday, December 17, 2008



Cooper loves Candy Canes, I think I mentioned that before.  He sniffs around the tree looking for low-hanging candy.   Well, yesterday I was working at home and around 2:30 pm I heard a funny  noise and I thought to myself "No, that can't be what I think it is."  Sure enough, I went to investigate and found the tree had fallen over (and Cooper had left the scene of the crime). Ornaments crushed, lights tangled, glass everywhere.  I couldn't get it to stand up, so Norman, when he got home from work spent 1/2 hour trying to get it up.  He was cut from the glass and injured in a few other places as well. To add to the mess, there was blood on our white carpet. Finally, we ended it up tying the tree to the wall to keep it upright.  And Oxyclean does a fabulous job with blood.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

We used to have to do the same thing ever year! But, this year we bought this amazing tree stand! Instead of having 3-4 screws screw in from the side, it was one screw up from the bottom. All you need to do is screw a hole in the bottom of tree, which they usually do when you buy them.


It was really easy and it even survives through our 3 cats and 4 year old lab. :-P

Anonymous said...

We didnt get a tree because we were afraid Abbie would do the same thing. We received your christmas cardlast week, thank you! that's a nice card! I still didn't do our cards... i hope we are not too late.