Twitter Updates

NJ Film Photographer

Saturday, August 22, 2009

That's me and here's my new film camera. A canon eos 1v. Almost just like my digital camera without the LCD screen on the back. It might take a while to get used to not having the immediate gratification/feedback of digital, but I think the results will be worth the wait. The more I see of film and remember why I fell in love with photography in the first place, the more I'm convinced there's just something special about it. I am going to work film into my workflow and that will make my services just that much more unique.

E and I are going to the Italian Market today and I'm shooting only film. He'll be in heaven in DiBruno Bros. and I'll be in heaven shooting. You'll see those shots in a bit.

Here's the new camera!

Photobucket


Photobucket


E had to put my strap on the camera. I used an old strap, complete with skulls on it, so I can easily tell the difference between my digital and film cameras. This shot also has textures on it which I got from Doug Boutwell's Dirty Pictures. What fun!

Photobucket


Finally, today is the 18 year anniversary of Norman and my first date! Yup, we went out to a dinner of upscale chinese in North Wilmington, DE, 18 years ago today. And the rest, as they say, is history. That restaurant is also where we got engaged 16 years ago today..... I'm not even sure if that restaurant is still there today.

0 comments: