Twitter Updates

Heifer.org

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

God works in mysterious ways.  Norman woke me up at 3:15 am by saying "I've had an accident."  I said "what?" It turned out he was on his way to work, hit a patch of ice, spun around, hit the embankment, and crashed.  He's fine.  His car is dead on the side of the road and the cops brought him home.  


I've been thinking that we've needed some good karma for a while here.  For Christmas, I just ordered two flocks of chicks  for Norman.  Not for our back yard but for a family in a third-world country.  Each family will get the chicks and be taught how to take care of them.

See heifer.org for more info!

When I told Ethan that his dad had an accident he said: "God is reminding us of what's really important."  I said: "What is that?" and he said "Family".  May today remind you of what's really important--friends, family and health.

Update:  No rental cars to be had this Christmas Eve!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOOO glad to hear that Norman is OK and no one was hurt. Be careful on that ice and snow!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very rich and interesting articles, good BLOG!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.