Twitter Updates

Cans for Comments

Friday, December 12, 2008

Hello everyone and Happy Friday! I'm going to do something a bit unusual;  I'm going to ask you to leave me comments this month.  I'll make a donation of one can of food, for every comment I receive in December, to the local food bank.  Start commenting, and on Dec. 30th I'll head to the grocery store with my debit card and will purchase the food and drop it off!  See how easy it will be for all of you to feel good about doing a small thing this month.  1 comment ='s 1 can.  

I think I have about two comments so far this month, which is pretty lame, so you blog readers out there start making those comments. 

(PS:  Certain people aren't going to get out of this.  You know who you are.  Tina, Tom, Keri, Diane, Nicole, Cecilia........you are expected to leave a comment or two this month:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey D,
I do leave you comments!!! Does this one count?!
Keri

Meghan said...

This is a good idea, Denise!


But of course, we're going to want pictures of the cans! :-P

Denise Mabilog said...

Thanks for the comments Meghan and Keri!
I will post pix of the cans, but for now it'll be pretty sad....
Denise

Casa Baluarte said...

Hello Denise,
That is such a great idea.

Casa Baluarte said...

If I leave 5 comments will that count for 5 can goods? hehehe
Anyways, I got the holiday card today. Thank's Ethan is getting so big.

lisa mackley said...

Hi Denise:
What a great idea. Thanks for reminding us what this season is all about. Christian is also going to start collecting items for the South Jersey Animal Rescue. If you have any old towels, leashes,collars or if you would like to donate a bag of food really anything is appreciated. Our four legged friend are in need also. Let me know and I will come to you and pick up any items you may have. Thanks for the xmas card, Ethan is so handsome, reminds me of Christian a little. Actually Ava thought it was Christian! Have a wonderful Holiday Season.
Lisa Mackley

Anonymous said...

During this busy time of year, there is nothing I love more than to take a look at your blog and see all the wonderful things you are up to! It's also fun to see "I"on the blog!

maryann727 said...

What an original and good idea! Wishing you many comments. Mary Ann

Denise Mabilog said...

hi Everyone: Thanks for the comments! I wanted you all to know that this isn't my idea (but I wish it were)!
Denise