Twitter Updates

The Duck

Wednesday, November 07, 2007




This is a sad story. I went to the pond that I like to take photos at, to take some shots of fall color. There's been a duck, I've noticed as I drive by each morning, on the side of the pond. The duck was there on Sunday morning, and the poor thing started to follow me around! It followed me across the road, and I had to flag down a car to slow down so it wouldn't hit the duck. Then it followed me back to the side with the pond, so I thought I should leave. It wanted to come with me...it followed me to my car. Good thing ducks are slow when walking on land; well, at least this one was. I got the feeling that he wanted someone to take care of him. The mother in me asked Norman if we could bring it home, and he said he didn't think we were zoned to have ducks!

0 comments: